Length: Four Semesters
This transferable program offers the opportunity to broaden one's experience and interest in the visual arts. The curriculum is designed for students who plan to complete a four-year program in preparation for a professional career in the fine arts, commercial art or art education.
* You must complete a sequence of literature OR a sequence of history, ( i.e. you either need to take two literature classes and one history OR two history classes and one literature class). Literature and history classes do not have to taken in sequence; in other words, the lower number class does not have to be taken first.
- If the literature sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Humanities electives from the following programs: ART, MUS, REL, PHL, THR, or Foreign Language.
- If the history sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Social Science electives from the following programs: ANT, ECO, GEO, POL, PSY or SOC.
* For "MTH 110 or more advanced," MTH 116, MTH 231 and MTH 232 do not meet this requirement.
* Placement in MTH110 is based on test scores. See your adviser to determine which math class you need to take. If you did not place into MTH110, ask your adviser to help you develop a modified academic map.
* Placement in ENG101 is based on test scores. See your adviser to determine which English you need to take. If you did not place into ENG101, ask your adviser help you develop a modified academic map.
* You must take a science sequence – two classes in the same science, such as BIO101 and BIO102 or CHM104 and CHM105. If you are not going into a health-related field and you want to take biology, take BIO101 and BIO102. If you think you might want to go into a health-related field or a scientific field, take BIO103 and BIO104. All science courses must be taken in sequence, that is, with the lower numbered class first. The exception is Physical Science PHS111 or PHS 112. Those may be taken out of sequence. If you are certain you are not going into a science-related field, Physical Science is an overview of all fields of science and it might be a good class for you.
* Students should consult their transfer institution or the STARS templates at www.coastalalabama.edu. See an academic advisor for assistance.
Complete Graduation Application
Click here to complete the graduation application and begin the process of a review of your degree plan before your final semester.