The College will consider on an individual basis, military experiences as a substitute for approved courses in the student’s training and educational curriculum. It will be the responsibility of the student to apply for credits by completing the Request for Military Credit Form and by providing certified copies of the Military Service Form to the Registrar’s Office. Credits extended by the College will be applicable toward the individual’s graduation requirements, and once the credit is extended the student will be restricted from taking the course for which the substitution was made.
Guidelines to be utilized in extending credit are as follows:
- Joint Services Transcript - Coastal Alabama Community College requires that all service members submit a Joint Services Transcript (JST) to the Office of the Registrar for articulation.
- United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) Credit may be given for study or correspondence study applicable to the student’s curriculum which was taken through the United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) provided the course is approved by the American Council on Education. The student must submit official evidence of satisfactory completion of the work to the Office of the Registrar.
- Military Service Schools - Training courses completed in the armed forces which are applicable to the student’s curriculum and approved by the American Council on Education may be accepted for credit upon submission of official documentation to the Office of the Registrar that such courses were satisfactorily completed.
- The College will consider credit earned for college-level courses reported through the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Services Support (DANTES). Credit allowed will be based upon the recommendations of the American Council on Education.
- Any student who has served at least 181 days of active duty military service may receive two (2) semester hours of physical education credit. The student must apply to the Registrar for the credit and supply the appropriate documentation to receive the credits.