The following categories of information with respect to each student have been designated by the College as directory information which may be made available to the public, absent a student’s request that any such information should not be released without the student’s prior consent:
- Student’s name, address, telephone number;
- Dates of attendance;
- The most recent previous educational agencies or institutions attended by the student;
- Weight and height of a member of an athletic team;
- Major and minor fields of study, degree desired, and classification;
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports; and/or
- Degrees and awards received (i.e., Dean’s List, Who’s Who, etc.).
If any student has an objection to any of the aforementioned information being released about himself/herself during any given semester or academic year, the student should notify in writing the appropriate campus Registrar, during the first three weeks of the respective semester or academic year. The student has the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the College to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The address of the office that administers FERPA is the Family Policy Compliance Office, U.S. Department of Education, 600 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20202-4605.