All new students are required to attend a DIVE INTO COLLEGE Orientation session prior to registration at Coastal Alabama Community College. Consistent with the mission of the College, DIVE sessions acquaint students with the educational programs, instructional strategies, campus locations, facilities, distance learning opportunities, services, and staff of the College. The Division of Student Services coordinates the Dive Into College Program, along with key College personnel. Students are given access to the College Navigator, a publication of dates, policies, and helpful hints to get started at Coastal Alabama.
During the DIVE sessions, the following topics are covered:
• Contact Information for College Personnel
• Parking and Security Information
• Financial Aid
• Statewide Transfer and Articulation Reporting System (STARS) Guide for Transfer Students
• Types of Programs of Study at Coastal Alabama Community College
• Student Academic Maps
• Registering for Class
• Finding an Advisor
• Disciplinary Rules and Regulations
• Tutoring and Other Special Services for Students
• Student Activities
• Title IX/VAWA
• Student Email
• Student Complaints.
Also, students are informed of the many activities that occur during the year on the various campus sites (i.e. Intramural Sports, Welcome Week, Miss Coastal Alabama Community College Pageant, Spring Fling). It is felt that these activities add to the total college student experience and enhance student development.