Drug-Free Workplace Policy
In compliance with the drug-free workplace requirements of Public Law 100-690 for recipients of federal contracts and grants, the following policy is in effect for Coastal Alabama Community College:
1. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance is prohibited by Coastal Alabama Community College on any property owned, leased, or controlled by the College or during any activity conducted, sponsored, or authorized by or on behalf of Coastal Alabama Community College. A “controlled substance” shall include any substance defined as a controlled substance in Section 102 of the Federal Controlled Substance Act (21 U.S. Code 802) or in the Alabama Uniform Controlled Substance Act (Code of Alabama, Section 20-2-1, et seq.).
2. Coastal Alabama Community College has and shall maintain a drug-free awareness program to inform employees and students about:
- the dangers of drug abuse in the workplace;
- Coastal Alabama Community College’s policy of maintaining a drug-free workplace;
- any available drug counseling, rehabilitation, and employee assistance program; and
- the penalties that may be imposed upon employees and students for drug abuse violations.
3. All employees and students of Coastal Alabama Community College shall comply with paragraph 1 above.