Emergency Medical Technician Short-Term Certificate
Program Locations: Atmore, Bay Minette, Fairhope, Gulf Shores, and Monroeville Campuses
Nursing and Allied Health Division
Length: One Semester
This program is designed to prepare students for employment as Emergency Medical Technicians at the basic level. Upon completion of the training certificate, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Registry examination. An Alabama Basic EMT license is obtained by passing this examination.
Unconditional admission to Coastal Alabama Community College and:
1. Declare an EMT Training Certificate major;
2. Provide an acceptable physical examination by a licensed medical doctor;
3. Meet the essential functions listed for EMS per the Alabama Department of Public Health;
4. Provide immunization records as mandated.
Students must achieve 75%, or higher, in all EMS coursework to advance within the program.
* Short-term certificate not eligible for federal aid.