The Fairhope Campus is located on 10 acres in downtown Fairhope. On this site, a significant educational experiment was launched by Marietta Johnson who founded the School of Organic Education in 1907.The progressive education school reached its zenith during the 1920’s. The City of Fairhope acquired the campus from the Fairhope Single Tax Corporation in 1987 and leased it to the former Faulkner State Junior College. The campus was listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United Stated Department of the Interior in 1988. The following facilities are located on the campus:
Administration Classroom Building (F-Building)houses administrative offices, gerenal classrooms, a computer laboratory, and Learning Resources Center.
The Bell Building (FB-Building)built in 1904 is the original site of the Marietta Johnson School of Organic Education. It contains two classrooms and the Marietta Johnson Museum.
The Clern Building (FC-Building)was named in honor of Clifford Ernest Johnson, one of the original students of the School of Organic Education in 1907. Built in 1960, the Clern Building was renovated in 1987 and contains two GED classrooms.
Named in honor of the Fairhope Centennial Celebration in 1994,Centennial Hall (FCH-Building)contains eight classrooms, eight faculty offices and a 270-seat auditorium, dedicated in memory of Kenneth and Zelma Giddens.
Dahlgren Hall (FD-Building) is named for Harold Dahlgren who provided funds for the 1981 restoration of the 1912 facility. This building is used as a classroom building and is listed as a historic building by the Baldwin County Historic Development Commission.
Built in 1961 and renovated in 1987, theFowler Science Building (FF-Building)was named for George T. Fowler and currently houses a modern biology classroom/ laboratory combination.
Gaston Building (FG-Buildling), built in 1950 and renovated in 1987, was named in honor of Barney Gaston, a World War II war hero and the son of Fairhope’s Single Tax Colony founder, E.B. Gaston. It contains the Center for Professional Development offices and a classroom.
The Halstead Amphitheater was completed in 2015 and named in honor of Ottilie Halstead. The 850 square feet state-of-the-art brick/stone stage was designed to complement the Fairhope atmosphere that highly supports the arts including music, movies, and theater. The facility can accommodate up to 500 people sitting in the grass on blankets or lawn chairs, but the area can support nearly 10,000 people at events that are standing-room only.
The Thomas Art Building (FT-Building)was named in honor of Murray Thomas and was renovated in 1987. The building houses a classroom and an art studio.
The 52,000 square feet, state-of-the-art, LEED (green) inspiredJohn L. Borom Center of Health & Natural Science (SAH-Building)completed in the fall of 2010 comprises three floors in the center of campus. The Center has faculty offices, 22 high-tech classrooms and labs for Allied Health, Biology, Chemistry, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Physics, Physical Science and Microbiology. The Borom Building also hosts two labs for the Animation, MyCAive Technology, Video Graphics & Visual Effects program, including a green room. The Sun Chief Den, which consists of comfortable and stylish seating, has two 52-inch high-definition televisions, a full vending area, and a double-sided fireplace.