For Students Receiving Financial Aid
Students receiving assistance from one or more student financial aid (SFA) programs (other than work-study) during a semester when they are due a refund under the Coastal Alabama refund policy must return part of the refund to the financial aid program(s) involved. The refund repayment procedure is as follows:
- A withdrawal occurs when a student officially withdraws, drops or, takes an approved leave of absence, is
- expelled, or otherwise fails to complete the program on or after the first day.
The withdrawal date is:
- official withdrawal—the date the student notifies of withdrawal or the date of withdrawal specified by the student;
- drop out—the last recorded date of class attendance;
- leave of absence—the last recorded date of class attendance, or;
- • Internet course—the date of the last assignment submitted by the student.
The withdrawal date must be determined within 30 days after the end of the earlier of:
- the period of enrollment for which the student has been charged;
- the academic year; or,
- • the educational program.
Title IV recipients who withdraw from the College or stop attending class(es) before completing 60% of the semester will owe a refund to the College and Title IV programs based upon actual last day of documented class attendance.
The Last Date of Attendance—For Title IV purposes, a grade of “F” will be assigned to any student who does not satisfactorily complete the requirements of a course or who voluntarily discontinues class attendance and does not follow the official withdrawal procedure.