Biomedical Sciences Concentration
Length: Four Semesters
The Biomedical Sciences concentration is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four year institution to pursue a degree in dentistry, pharmacology, medicine, veterinary and/or other medical fields. Student should seek academic advising through transfer institutions at the earliest date possible.
* Placement in MTH125 is based on test scores. See your advisor to determine which math class you need to take. If you did not place into MTH125, ask your advisor to help you develop a modified academic map.
* Placement in ENG101 is based on test scores. See your advisor to determine which English you need to take. If you did not place into ENG101, ask your advisor to help you develop a modified academic map.
* You must complete a sequence of literature OR a sequence of history, ( i.e. you either need to take two literature classes and one history OR two history classes and one literature class). Literature and history classes do not have to taken in sequence; in other words, the lower number class does not have to be taken first.
- If the literature sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Humanities electives from the following programs: ART, HUM, MUS, REL, PHL, THR, or Foreign Language.
- If the history sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Social Science electives from the following programs: ANT, ECO, GEO, POL, PSY or SOC.
* Students should consult their transfer institution or the STARS templates. See an academic advisor for assistance.
Complete Graduation Application
Complete the graduation application and begin the process of a review of your degree plan before your final semester.