General Studies - Business Administration Pathway
Length: Four Semesters
The Business Administration pathway is designed to give the student a basic foundation of course work needed to transfer to a four-year college or university to work toward a baccalaureate degree in either a specialized or general business administration curriculum.
* You must complete a sequence of literature (i.e. You need to take two literature classes and one history class). Literature classes do not have to taken in sequence; in other words, the lower number class does not have to be taken first.
* Placement in MTH112 is based on test scores. See your advisor to determine which math class you need to take. If you did not place into MTH112, ask your advisor to help you develop a modified academic map.
* Placement in ENG101 is based on test scores. See your advisor to determine which English you need to take. If you did not place into ENG101, ask your advisor to help you develop a modified academic map.
* You must take 8 hours of a natural science sequence from the BIO, CHM, GEO, PHS, or PHY programs. All sequenced science courses must be taken in order, that is, with the lower numbered class first. The exception is Physical Science PHS111 or PHS 112. If you are certain you are not going into a science-related field, Physical Science is an overview of all fields of science and it might be a good class for you. If you are not going into a health-related field and you want to take biology, take BIO101 and BIO102. If you think you might want to go into a health-related field or a scientific field or are unsure of your transfer plans, take BIO103 and BIO104.
* Consult the transfer institution or the STARS templates for additional information about degree requirements. Also, see an academic advisor for assistance.
Complete Graduation Application
Complete the graduation application and begin the process of a review of your degree plan before your final semester.