General Studies - Health Sciences Pathway
Length: Four Semesters
This program is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in a health field. Students who desire to complete the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing, Veterinary Technology, Surgical Technology, Dental Assisting, or Paramedic should seek advisement through a program specific adviser and complete the courses specific to the degree desired.
* Students should consult their transfer institution or the STARS templates. See an academic advisor for assistance.
* Students desiring to enter an associate degree health program often apply to the program after completion of the second semester in the Health Sciences Degree. Dental Assisting, Paramedic, Associate Degree Nursing, Surgical Technology, and Veterinary Technology are health program offerings. Please, check the degree pathways for program of choice for more information.
- MTH 100 Intermediate Algebra is the minimum requirement for an associate in applied science degree in nursing, paramedic, surgical technology, and veterinary technology. MTH 116 Mathematical Applications is the minimum requirement for Dental Assisting.
- BIO 103 may be waived for those intending on completing the Associate in Applied Science Degree. Students must have completed a college science course, high school anatomy & physiology, or a health program certificate. Please consult the Allied Health Sciences Division Chair to see if qualified. Note that BIO 103 is necessary for the four-year degree.
- SPH 106 or SPH 107 fulfills the Speech requirement.
*Dental Assisting requires SOC 200 Introduction to Sociology in place of PSY 210 Human Growth and Development.
Complete Graduation Application
Complete the graduation application and begin the process of a review of your degree plan before your final semester.