Social Science Concentration
Length: Four Semesters
The Social Science concentration is designed to prepare students for the successful completion of a four-year degree in any of the social sciences. The College offers a variety of courses to acquaint the student with the different ares of the social sciences.
* You must complete a sequence of literature OR a sequence of history, ( i.e. you either need to take two literature classes and one history OR two history classes and one literature class). Literature and history classes do not have to taken in sequence; in other words, the lower number class does not have to be taken first.
- If the literature sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Humanities electives from the following programs: ART, HUM, MUS, REL, PHL, THR, or Foreign Language.
- If the history sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Social Science electives from the following programs: ANT, ECO, GEO, POL, PSY or SOC.
Placement in ENG 101 is based on test scores. See your advisor to see which English you need to take. If you did not place into ENG 101, see your advisor to come up with an alternate map for your classes.
* Placement in MTH 112 is based on test scores. See your advisor to see which Math class you need to take. If you did not place into MTH 112, ask your advisor to help you come up with a modified academic map.
* For your science credits, you must take either BIO101 or BIO103 and PHS111 or PHS112.
* Students should consult their transfer institution or the STARS templates. See an academic advisor for assistance.
Complete Graduation Application
Complete the graduation application and begin the process of a review of your degree plan before your final semester.