Strategic Directives and Initiatives:
1. Teaching and Active Learning
- Pathways - Identify program pathways and provide advising and support services that encourage students to take more credits each semester to graduate within four semesters.
- Distance Education - Provide access to innovative and high quality distance education opportunities and online student services that empower students to achieve their educational goals.
- Dual Enrollment - Develop and build upon relationships with local school officials and educators to provide high school students with opportunities to experience college-level work and to earn credit towards a college degree.
- Co-Requisite Support - Increase gateway course completion within the first year by enrolling entering students into college-level math and English courses and providing those who need additional help a credit-bearing concurrent course that offers just-in-time academic support.
2. Student Success and Access
- Intake through Enrollment - Develop seamless entry processes ensuring simplicity and understandable procedures for application and enrollment.
- Student Support Services - Access to comprehensive student support services to aid in retention, completion, and attainment of personal goals.
- Library Services - Provide the College community with access to appropriate library collections, services, and other resources.
3. Community, Economic, and Workforce Development Partnerships
- Program Alignment with Regional Workforce Trends - Enhance and expand programs to better serve workforce needs.
- Civic Engagement - Support and encourage employee participation and involvement in community groups and events.
- Community Outreach - Demonstrate a commitment to public service by providing community programs for cultural growth, adult education and learning support, literacy instruction, continuing education, and by sharing the resources of the College with the community.
4. Fiscal Growth and Stability of Resources
- Fiscal Resources - Ensure the effectives use of fiscal resources to support the mission of the College and facilitate future growth.
- Industry Partnerships - Maintain and build new relationships with external constituents and government agencies to increase resources for support through partnerships, donations, grants, and other resources.
- Facility Utilization and Planning - Maintain a facility master plan that ensures existing facilities remain clean, safe, and systematically updated while supporting future growth.
5. Technology and Infrastructure
- Network Infrastructure - Provide a robust and stable network on each campus by connecting college facilities through high speed wireless and terrestrial media.
- Administrative Software Migration - Provide a comprehensive and contemporary administrative software system for the College that will support curriculum, fiscal, and students services.
- Instructional Technology for Optimal Learning Environments - Provide a standardized interface to prevailing classroom instructional technologies that will facilitate an enhanced learning environment.
6. Institutional Culture
- Faculty and Staff Development - Invest in continual relevant and meaningful professional development to enhance the quality of expertise of faculty and staff employed by the College.
- Data Informed Planning - A structured institution-wide planning process that engages the College community in data analysis and evaluation for continuous improvement and student success.
- Information Sharing - Enhance the quality of internal and external communication to increase understanding and awareness of College operations.