Social Science, A.A.
Length: Four Semesters
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for the successful completion of a four-year degree in any of the social sciences. The College offers a variety of courses to acquaint the student with the different ares of the social sciences.
* You must complete a sequence of literature OR a sequence of history, ( i.e. you either need to take two literature classes and one history OR two history classes and one literature class). Literature and history classes do not have to taken in sequence; in other words, the lower number class does not have to be taken first.
- If the literature sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Humanities electives from the following programs: ART, MUS, REL, PHL, THR, or Foreign Language.
- If the history sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Social Science electives from the following programs: ANT, ECO, GEO, POL, PSY or SOC.
Placement in ENG 101 is based on test scores. See your adviser to see which English you need to take. If you did not place into ENG101, see your adviser to come up with an alternate map for your classes.
* Placement in MTH 112 is based on test scores. See your adviser to see which Math class you need to take. If you did not place into MTH 112, ask your adviser to help you come up with a modified academic map.
* For your science credits, you must take either BIO 101 or BIO103 and PHS111 or PHS112.
* Students should consult their transfer institution or the STARS templates at www.coastalalabama.edu. See an academic adviser for assistance.
Complete Graduation Application
Click here to complete the graduation application and begin the process of a review of your degree plan before your final semester.