General Studies - Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Pathway
Length: Four Semesters
The Health, Physical Education, and Recreation pathway is designed to give the student a basic foundation of course work needed to transfer to a four-year college or university to work toward a baccalaureate degree in either a specialized or general physical education curriculum.
* You must complete a sequence of literature OR a sequence of history, ( i.e. you either need to take two literature classes and one history OR two history classes and one literature class). Literature and history classes do not have to taken in sequence; in other words, the lower number class does not have to be taken first.
- If the literature sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Humanities electives from the following programs: ART, HUM, MUS, REL, PHL, THR, or Foreign Language. A literature course can also be taken as a Humanities and Fine Arts elective.
- If the history sequence is not chosen, the students must choose 6 SH of Social Science electives from the following programs: ANT, ECO, GEO, POL, PSY or SOC.
* Placement in MTH112 is based on test scores. See your adviser to determine which math class you need to take. If you did not place into MTH112, ask your adviser to help you develop a modified academic map.
* Placement in ENG101 is based on test scores. See your adviser to determine which English you need to take. If you did not place into ENG101, ask your adviser help you develop a modified academic map.
* Students should consult their transfer institution or the STARS templates. See an academic advisor for assistance.
Complete Graduation Application
Complete the graduation application and begin the process of a review of your degree plan before your final semester.